Who is Kang Han Taekwondo (Manor)……?
Address: Mansfield Taekwondo Academy, Manor Sports Centre, Kingsley Avenue, Mansfield
Woodhouse NG19 8JY
Satellite Clubs: None
Lead Coach: Master Adrian Tranter 7th Dan
Support Coaches: Tony Grisman, Kiel Tranter, Paul Mallon, Natasha Dwyer
Background and origins of the club:
The club started back in 1999. We were invited to open a club as part of the development of Manor School into a Sports Academy, so we became the first club to do so. Since that time we have achieved growth alongside the school, culminating in the building of a purpose built sports centre back in 2006. We continue to this day to evolve our club through continued review and improvement, so as to help our local community to participate in the Olympic sport of WTF Taekwondo.
Our development philosophy:
Our ultimate aim is to provide a platform for as many people as possible to create a sporting habit as well as a springboard for an individual to realise their dream of Olympic success.
The process of achieving this is to continually challenge our coaches through their personal development, specifically through both GB Taekwondo & British Taekwondo, but also through our own internal systems.
Our proudest achievements:
- Athletes selected for GB Teams
- National Champions every year since our inception
- International medallists
- Recognised as a GB Taekwondo Talent Club
- Continued growth in membership
Which of our players have been selected to the GB Taekwondo pathway:
- Danny Brewer
Our key achievements and relationships:
The club has over recent years developed a strong relationship with Local Authority partners and Sport England to secure Small Grants funding for the purchasing of equipment and resources to continue the development of the club.
The role the club plays in the local community has seen support offered through local business sponsorship up to £500 in value from several companies to support the develop of the club and competition opportunities for its members.
Future ambitions of the club:
Our plans in the medium term are to:
- The club aims to source a bigger training venue, hopefully at our current location. This will underpin the club’s ability to grow membership in the future.
- The club is seeking to increase and improve playing opportunities for its most promising athletes by fund raising to add more events throughout the competition calendar including increased participation at G events on the continent.
In the short term we aim to:
- Maximise our financial support from a specific Sponsorship Strategy Document that we are to roll out in Spring 2017. This will help our athletes & their families in the support they need to push on to the next level of attainment within our sport.