Further Nationals Information
For those of you making the journey to London this weekend – thank you so much for supporting this event and for making it the biggest National Championships in history!
We are really looking forward to welcoming everyone to the Copperbox Arena on the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park – it’s a fantastic place, very inspirational.
If you do get the chance to have a look around the Park, make sure you take advantage of the 2 for 1 entry offer on the Arcelor Mittal Orbit (the big red sculpture outside the West Ham / Olympic Stadium).
It has great views across London from the top and they have a slide that you go ride down again!
As it’s the first time we have held this event in London, we wanted to give everyone as much helpful information as possible to make your arrival and attendance at the event more enjoyable.
I hope you find the tips below helpful – see you all at the weekend.
ARRIVING IN LONDON
If you are arriving from the North & East of the country into Kings Cross station, go across the road into St Pancras and get on the Javelin train (run by South Eastern) to Stratford International.
It’s only a 6-minute journey and much quicker than the tube!
If you are arriving from the North & West of the country into Euston Station, either walk (10 minutes) or get the tube to St Pancras and again use the Javelin train.
If you are driving into London, then head for the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, Stratford, London.
The venue postcode is:
There is no parking at the venue unfortunately.
The closest public parking to the Copperbox Arena is at Westfield’s Shopping Centre
Car Park B
Key E20 1EJ or E15 2EE for older devices
This Car Park is on a first come first served basis.
It is £ 9.50 for up to a 24-hour period – which is not bad for London!
It’s then just a 5 – 10-minute walk from the car park to the venue.
ARRIVING ON FOOT AT STRATFORD INTERNATIONAL TRAIN STATION
DIRECTIONS TO THE COPPERBOX ARENA
(10 -15 minutes’ walk)
As you arrive at Stratford International
- Proceed to the main ticket hall of the station
- As you come through the ticket turnstile – Turn right – and go out of the station
- Westfield’s shopping centre is in front of you
- Go up the escalator or stairs to your left and into the shopping Centre
- Keep straight and go immediately back out of the shopping mall into the open air.
- Immediately bear to the right – keeping “Jamie’s” restaurant on your left side.
- You should now be able to see the Olympic (West Ham) stadium ahead of you.
- Walk to the main road
- Turn right
- Stay on that road and you will see the Copperbox come into view in front of you.
(If it’s reasonable weather – and you fancy a longer stroll – you could also walk up to the Olympic Stadium and then turn right towards the Copperbox (this adds about 5 minutes to your walk)
ARRIVING ON FOOT AT STRATFORD UNDERGROUND STATION
DIRECTIONS TO THE COPPERBOX ARENA
(15 -20 minutes’ walk)
- Follow signs to the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park through Westfield’s Shopping Centre
- As you exit Westfield’s and can see the Olympic (West Ham) stadium ahead, stop at the road
- Turn right and follow this road until you see the Copperbox Arena ahead of you.
- The Copperbox Arena is a modern stadium with all the facilities you would expect.
It is however, on the outskirts of the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park and it is a good 10-minute walk to the nearest shops and restaurants in Westfield’s.
- The Copperbox Arena does have some food outlets but these are limited to burgers, hot dogs and similar kinds of refreshments that you would find in a concert venue or similar.
- Like many London venues – these outlets can also be a little expensive.
- The venue does not encourage people to bring in their own food so if you do have specific dietary needs that are not served by the venue and intend bringing something in, please keep it out of sight.
We wish you a pleasant journey and great National’s experience – good luck!